Earn both a Bachelor's degree in Biology and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine in just 7 years without taking the MCAT!
UNT Denton and UNT Health Sciences Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, UNTHSC-TCOM, has teamed up to provide an accelerated pathway to Osteopathic Medicine. This opportunity allows exceptionally qualified students to earn both a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from UNT and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the UNTHSC in just seven years. Students complete three years of undergraduate studies at UNT, then if granted early acceptance to UNTHSC-TCOM, they complete four years of medical school curriculum. The first year at UNTHSC-TCOM will complete requirements for the Bachelor's degree in Biology, thus allowing students to enter medical school one year earlier than the traditional path. This program is designed to help students who are considered ‘First Time in College.’ Incoming students with a degree will not be eligible for admission.
- Early acceptance to medical school
- Reduced costs associated with undergraduate students, three versu four years of undergraduate tuition
- Access to academic support including strategic, personalized advising
- Applied learning experiences for pre-medical enrichment
University of North Texas undergraduate students who have an interest in participating in this program must register their interest with the Office of Health Professions Advising Office during their first semester of undergraduate study. Suitability to participate in this program as an undergraduate student will be at the discretion of the University of North Texas. This program is designed to help students who are considered ‘First Time in College.’ Incoming students with a degree will not be eligible for admission.
- Texas residents enrolled at the University of North Texas Denton campus
- Biology, Bachelor of Arts, majors only
- Competitive SAT or ACT score, as determined by the UNT Office of Health Professions
Student Requirements at UNT Denton
- Complete the required curriculum as outlined in this program without exception
- 3.5 Overall GPA; 3.5 GPA in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, and Math courses
- Participate in the UNT Health Professions Advisory Committee, HPAC, process during the spring semester of Year 2
- Submit a completed application to the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service, TMDSAS, between Year 2 and Year 3
- Submit a completed secondary admissions application to UNTHSC-TCOM between Year 2 and Year 3
- All deadlines must be met
- The Medical College Admission Test, MCAT, is not required
UNTHSC-TCOM Selection Criteria
- Complete the TMDSAS Application
- Applicants must adhere to all application deadlines
- UNTHSC-TCOM Admissions will select applicants to invite for interviews
- Evaluation of individual applicants will be based on admissions criteria as set forth by UNTHSC-TCOM
- All applicants from the 3+4 program are not guaranteed an interview
- Participation in the 3+4 program is not a guarantee of acceptance to UNTHSC-TCOM
Pathway applicants selected for early acceptance will be notified no later than the spring semester of their junior year at UNT. Admitted Pathway participants must agree to the terms of the Admissions Agreement to matriculate into the University of North Texas Health Science Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Office of Health Professions
Univeristy of North Texas